- 1. passage, transition, change of state
- usage: the act of passing from one state or place to the next
- 2. conversion, transition, changeover, transformation, transmutation, shift
- usage: an event that results in a transformation
- 3. transition, change, alteration, modification
- usage: a change from one place or state or subject or stage to another
- 4. transition, modulation, passage, musical passage
- usage: a musical passage moving from one key to another
- 5. transition, passage
- usage: a passage that connects a topic to one that follows
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. transition, convert
- usage: cause to convert or undergo a transition; "the company had to transition the old practices to modern technology"
- 2. transition, switch, shift, change
- usage: make or undergo a transition (from one state or system to another); "The airline transitioned to more fuel-efficient jets"; "The adagio transitioned into an allegro"
All rights reserved.
See also: transition (Dictionary)