Synonyms of tranquilizing
- 1. calm, calm down, quiet, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, quieten, lull, still, comfort, soothe, console, solace
- usage: make calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- 2. sedate, calm, tranquilize, tranquillize, tranquillise, affect
- usage: cause to be calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to; "The patient must be sedated before the operation"
- 1. ataractic, ataraxic, sedative, tranquilizing, tranquillizing, tranquilising, tranquillising, depressant (vs. stimulative)
- usage: tending to soothe or tranquilize; "valium has a tranquilizing effect"; "took a hot drink with sedative properties before going to bed"
All rights reserved.