- 1. tramontane, tramontana, north wind, northerly, norther, boreas
- usage: a cold dry wind that blows south out of the mountains into Italy and the western Mediterranean
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tramontane (vs. cismontane), transmontane, transalpine, ultramontane
- usage: on or coming from the other side of the mountains (from the speaker); "the transmontane section of the state"; "tramontane winds"
- 2. tramontane, foreign (vs. native), strange
- usage: being or coming from another country; "tramontane influences"
All rights reserved.
See also: tramontane (Dictionary)