- 1. trammel net, trammel, fishnet, fishing net
- usage: a fishing net with three layers; the outer two are coarse mesh and the loose inner layer is fine mesh
- 2. trammel, pothook
- usage: an adjustable pothook set in a fireplace
- 3. trammel, restraint, constraint
- usage: a restraint that is used to teach a horse to amble
- 4. shackle, bond, hamper, trammel, restraint, constraint
- usage: a restraint that confines or restricts freedom (especially something used to tie down or restrain a prisoner)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. trap, entrap, snare, ensnare, trammel, capture, catch
- usage: catch in or as if in a trap; "The men trap foxes"
- 2. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
All rights reserved.
See also: trammel (Dictionary)