WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. traditionalism, traditionality, orthodoxy
- usage: strict adherence to traditional methods or teachings
- 2. traditionalism, attachment, adherence, adhesion
- usage: adherence to tradition (especially in cultural or religious matters)
- 3. traditionalism, philosophical doctrine, philosophical theory
- usage: the doctrine that all knowledge was originally derived by divine revelation and that it is transmitted by traditions
All rights reserved.
See also: traditionalism (Dictionary)