Synonyms of toy
- 1. plaything, toy, artifact, artefact
- usage: an artifact designed to be played with
- 2. toy, replica, replication, reproduction
- usage: a nonfunctional replica of something else (frequently used as a modifier); "a toy stove"
- 3. toy, device
- usage: a device regarded as providing amusement; "private airplanes are a rich man's toy"
- 4. miniature, toy, copy
- usage: a copy that reproduces a person or thing in greatly reduced size
- 5. toy dog, toy, dog, domestic dog, Canis familiaris
- usage: any of several breeds of very small dogs kept purely as pets
- 1. dally, toy, play, flirt, act, move
- usage: behave carelessly or indifferently; "Play about with a young girl's affection"
- 2. toy, fiddle, diddle, play, manipulate
- usage: manipulate manually or in one's mind or imagination; "She played nervously with her wedding ring"; "Don't fiddle with the screws"; "He played with the idea of running for the Senate"
- 3. play, toy, act, behave, do
- usage: engage in an activity as if it were a game rather than take it seriously; "They played games on their opponents"; "play the stock market"; "play with her feelings"; "toy with an idea"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of toy (Dictionary)