Synonyms of torturing
- 1. torture, torturing, persecution
- usage: the deliberate, systematic, or wanton infliction of physical or mental suffering by one or more persons in an attempt to force another person to yield information or to make a confession or for any other reason; "it required unnatural torturing to extract a confession"
- 1. torment, torture, excruciate, rack, pain, anguish, hurt
- usage: torment emotionally or mentally
- 2. torture, excruciate, torment, injure, wound
- usage: subject to torture; "The sinners will be tormented in Hell, according to the Bible"
- 1. agonizing, agonising, excruciating, harrowing, torturing, torturous, torturesome, painful (vs. painless)
- usage: extremely painful
All rights reserved.