WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tortoiseshell, horn
- usage: the mottled horny substance of the shell of some turtles
- 2. tortoiseshell, tortoiseshell butterfly, nymphalid, nymphalid butterfly, brush-footed butterfly, four-footed butterfly
- usage: brilliantly colored; larvae feed on nettles
- 3. tortoiseshell, tortoiseshell-cat, calico cat, domestic cat, house cat, Felis domesticus, Felis catus
- usage: a cat having black and cream-colored and yellowish markings
All rights reserved.
See also: tortoiseshell (Dictionary)