Synonyms of tormented
- 1. torment, torture, excruciate, rack, pain, anguish, hurt
- usage: torment emotionally or mentally
- 2. torment, rag, bedevil, crucify, dun, frustrate, harass, hassle, harry, chivy, chivvy, chevy, chevvy, beset, plague, molest, provoke
- usage: treat cruelly; "The children tormented the stuttering teacher"
- 3. torture, excruciate, torment, injure, wound
- usage: subject to torture; "The sinners will be tormented in Hell, according to the Bible"
- 1. anguished, tormented, tortured, sorrowful (vs. joyful)
- usage: experiencing intense pain especially mental pain; "an anguished conscience"; "a small tormented schoolboy"; "a tortured witness to another's humiliation"
- 2. hag-ridden, hagridden, tormented, troubled (vs. untroubled)
- usage: tormented or harassed by nightmares or unreasonable fears; "hagridden...by visions of an imminent heaven or hell upon earth"- C.S.Lewis
All rights reserved.