- 1. toll, fee
- usage: a fee levied for the use of roads or bridges (used for maintenance)
- 2. price, cost, toll, value
- usage: value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something; "the cost in human life was enormous"; "the price of success is hard work"; "what price glory?"
- 3. bell, toll, sound
- usage: the sound of a bell being struck; "saved by the bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church bells"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. toll, ring, knell
- usage: ring slowly; "For whom the bell tolls"
- 2. toll, levy, impose
- usage: charge a fee for using; "Toll the bridges into New York City"
All rights reserved.
See also: toll (Dictionary)