WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. toehold, status, position
- usage: a relatively insignificant position from which future progress might be made; "American diplomacy provided a toehold on which to proceed toward peace talks"; "his father gave him a toehold in the oil business"
- 2. toehold, foothold, footing
- usage: a small foothold used in climbing
- 3. toehold, wrestling hold
- usage: a wrestling hold in which the toe is held and the leg is twisted against the joints
All rights reserved.
See also: toehold (Dictionary)