- 1. today, present, nowadays
- usage: the present time or age; "the world of today"; "today we have computers"
- 2. today, day, twenty-four hours, twenty-four hour period, 24-hour interval, solar day, mean solar day
- usage: the day that includes the present moment (as opposed to yesterday or tomorrow); "Today is beautiful"; "did you see today's newspaper?"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. nowadays, now, today
- usage: in these times; "it is solely by their language that the upper classes nowadays are distinguished"- Nancy Mitford; "we now rarely see horse-drawn vehicles on city streets"; "today almost every home has television"
- 2. today
- usage: on this day as distinct from yesterday or tomorrow; "I can't meet with you today"
All rights reserved.
See also: today (Dictionary)