- 1. tinning, application, coating, covering
- usage: the application of a thin layer of soft solder to the ends of wires before soldering them; "careful tinning of the ends of wires results in a better joint when you solder them"
- 2. tinning, tin-plating, application, coating, covering
- usage: the application of a protective layer of tin
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tin, plate
- usage: plate with tin
- 2. can, tin, put up, preserve, keep
- usage: preserve in a can or tin; "tinned foods are not very tasty"
- 3. tin, plate
- usage: prepare (a metal) for soldering or brazing by applying a thin layer of solder to the surface
All rights reserved.
See also: tinning (Dictionary)