- 1. timing, temporal arrangement, temporal order
- usage: the time when something happens
- 2. timing, regulation, regulating
- usage: the regulation of occurrence, pace, or coordination to achieve a desired effect (as in music, theater, athletics, mechanics)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. clock, time, quantify, measure
- usage: measure the time or duration of an event or action or the person who performs an action in a certain period of time; "he clocked the runners"
- 2. time, schedule
- usage: assign a time for an activity or event; "The candidate carefully timed his appearance at the disaster scene"
- 3. time, determine, shape, mold, influence, regulate
- usage: set the speed, duration, or execution of; "we time the process to manufacture our cars very precisely"
- 4. time, adjust, set, correct
- usage: regulate or set the time of; "time the clock"
- 5. time, adjust, set, correct
- usage: adjust so that a force is applied and an action occurs at the desired time; "The good player times his swing so as to hit the ball squarely"
All rights reserved.
See also: timing (Dictionary)