- 1. timid, cautious, people
- usage: people who are fearful and cautious; "whitewater rafting is not for the timid"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. timid (vs. bold), bashful, coy, fearful, timorous, trepid, intimidated, mousy, mousey, afraid, backward, cowardly#1, fearful, unadventurous, unassertive
- usage: showing fear and lack of confidence
- 2. diffident (vs. confident), shy, timid, unsure
- usage: lacking self-confidence; "stood in the doorway diffident and abashed"; "problems that call for bold not timid responses"; "a very unsure young man"
- 3. faint, fainthearted, timid, faint-hearted, cowardly (vs. brave), fearful
- usage: lacking conviction or boldness or courage; "faint heart ne'er won fair lady"
All rights reserved.
See also: timid (Dictionary)