- 1. joust, tilt, struggle, battle
- usage: a combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances
- 2. controversy, contention, contestation, disputation, disceptation, tilt, argument, arguing, dispute, difference, difference of opinion, conflict
- usage: a contentious speech act; a dispute where there is strong disagreement; "they were involved in a violent argument"
- 3. tilt, partiality, partisanship
- usage: a slight but noticeable partiality; "the court's tilt toward conservative rulings"
- 4. tilt, list, inclination, lean, leaning, position, spatial relation
- usage: the property possessed by a line or surface that departs from the vertical; "the tower had a pronounced tilt"; "the ship developed a list to starboard"; "he walked with a heavy inclination to the right"
- 5. rock, careen, sway, tilt, lurch, pitch, pitching
- usage: pitching dangerously to one side
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. lean, tilt, tip, slant, angle, bend, flex
- usage: to incline or bend from a vertical position; "She leaned over the banister"
- 2. cant, cant over, tilt, slant, pitch, move
- usage: heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
- 3. careen, wobble, shift, tilt, move
- usage: move sideways or in an unsteady way; "The ship careened out of control"
- 4. tilt, joust
- usage: charge with a tilt
All rights reserved.
See also: tilt (Dictionary)