Synonyms of tie up
- 1. affiliation, association, tie, tie-up, relationship
- usage: a social or business relationship; "a valuable financial affiliation"; "he was sorry he had to sever his ties with other members of the team"; "many close associations with England"
- 2. stand, standstill, tie-up, stop, halt
- usage: an interruption of normal activity
- 1. tie down, tie up, bind, truss, restrain, confine, hold
- usage: secure with or as if with ropes; "tie down the prisoners"; "tie up the old newspapers and bring them to the recycling shed"
- 2. tie up, invest, put, commit, place
- usage: invest so as to make unavailable for other purposes; "All my money is tied up in long-term investments"
- 3. tie up, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: restrain from moving or operating normally; "Traffic is tied up for miles around the bridge where the accident occurred"
- 4. moor, berth, tie up, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure in or as if in a berth or dock; "tie up the boat"
- 5. tie up, bind off, tie, bind
- usage: finish the last row
All rights reserved.