- 1. tidy, receptacle
- usage: receptacle that holds odds and ends (as sewing materials)
- 1. tidy, tidy up, clean up, neaten, straighten, straighten out, square away, order
- usage: put (things or places) in order; "Tidy up your room!"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tidy (vs. untidy), clean-cut, trig, trim, neat, orderly, neat, ruly, shipshape, trim, well-kept, slicked up, straight, uncluttered, unlittered, clean, fastidious, groomed
- usage: marked by order and cleanliness in appearance or habits; "a tidy person"; "a tidy house"; "a tidy mind"
- 2. kempt, tidy, groomed (vs. ungroomed)
- usage: (of hair) neat and tidy; "a nicely kempt beard"
- 3. goodly, goodish, healthy, hefty, respectable, sizable, sizeable, tidy, considerable (vs. inconsiderable)
- usage: large in amount or extent or degree; "it cost a considerable amount"; "a goodly amount"; "received a hefty bonus"; "a respectable sum"; "a tidy sum of money"; "a sizable fortune"
All rights reserved.
See also: tidy (Dictionary)