WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. heart, pump, ticker, internal organ, viscus
- usage: the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body; "he stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
- 2. watch, ticker, timepiece, timekeeper, horologe
- usage: a small portable timepiece
- 3. ticker, stock ticker, character printer, character-at-a-time printer, serial printer
- usage: a character printer that automatically prints stock quotations on ticker tape
All rights reserved.
See also: ticker (Dictionary)