Synonyms of throttling
- 1. choking, strangling, strangulation, throttling, suffocation, asphyxiation
- usage: the act of suffocating (someone) by constricting the windpipe; "no evidence that the choking was done by the accused"
- 1. restrict, restrain, trammel, limit, bound, confine, throttle, control, hold in, hold, contain, check, curb, moderate
- usage: place limits on (extent or access); "restrict the use of this parking lot"; "limit the time you can spend with your friends"
- 2. strangle, strangulate, throttle, kill
- usage: kill by squeezing the throat of so as to cut off the air; "he tried to strangle his opponent"; "A man in Boston has been strangling several dozen prostitutes"
- 3. choke, throttle, enrich
- usage: reduce the air supply; "choke a carburetor"
All rights reserved.