- 1. throb, pain, hurting
- usage: a deep pulsating type of pain
- 2. throb, throbbing, pounding, pulse, pulsation, heartbeat, beat
- usage: an instance of rapid strong pulsation (of the heart); "he felt a throbbing in his head"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. throb, ache, smart, hurt
- usage: pulsate or pound with abnormal force; "my head is throbbing"; "Her heart was throbbing"
- 2. pulsate, throb, pulse, beat, pound, thump
- usage: expand and contract rhythmically; beat rhythmically; "The baby's heart was pulsating again after the surgeon massaged it"
- 3. shudder, shiver, throb, thrill, tremble
- usage: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
All rights reserved.
See also: throb (Dictionary)