WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. threshold, beginning, commencement, first, outset, get-go, start, kickoff, starting time, showtime, offset
- usage: the starting point for a new state or experience; "on the threshold of manhood"
- 2. threshold, limen, sensation, esthesis, aesthesis, sense experience, sense impression, sense datum
- usage: the smallest detectable sensation
- 3. doorway, door, room access, threshold, entrance, entranceway, entryway, entry, entree
- usage: the entrance (the space in a wall) through which you enter or leave a room or building; the space that a door can close; "he stuck his head in the doorway"
- 4. doorsill, doorstep, threshold, sill
- usage: the sill of a door; a horizontal piece of wood or stone that forms the bottom of a doorway and offers support when passing through a doorway
- 5. brink, threshold, verge, boundary, edge, bound
- usage: a region marking a boundary
All rights reserved.
See also: threshold (Dictionary)