WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. menace, threat, danger
- usage: something that is a source of danger; "earthquakes are a constant threat in Japan"
- 2. threat, warning
- usage: a warning that something unpleasant is imminent; "they were under threat of arrest"
- 3. threat, declaration
- usage: declaration of an intention or a determination to inflict harm on another; "his threat to kill me was quite explicit"
- 4. terror, scourge, threat, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who inspires fear or dread; "he was the terror of the neighborhood"
All rights reserved.
See also: threat (Dictionary)