- 1. weave, wind, thread, meander, wander, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- 2. thread, guide, run, draw, pass
- usage: pass a thread through; "thread a needle"
- 3. thread, extract, pull out, pull, pull up, take out, draw out
- usage: remove facial hair by tying a fine string around it and pulling at the string; "She had her eyebrows threaded"
- 4. thread, guide, run, draw, pass
- usage: pass through or into; "thread tape"; "thread film"
- 5. string, thread, draw, arrange, set up
- usage: thread on or as if on a string; "string pearls on a string"; "the child drew glass beads on a string"; "thread dried cranberries"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. threaded
- usage: (of bolts or screws) having screw threads
All rights reserved.
See also: threaded (Dictionary)