- 1. thrash, swimming kick
- usage: a swimming kick used while treading water
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. thrash, thresh, lam, flail, beat, beat up, work over
- usage: give a thrashing to; beat hard
- 2. convulse, thresh, thresh about, thrash, thrash about, slash, toss, jactitate, shake, agitate
- usage: move or stir about violently; "The feverish patient thrashed around in his bed"
- 3. slam dance, slam, mosh, thrash, dance, trip the light fantastic, trip the light fantastic toe
- usage: dance the slam dance
- 4. thrash, beat, pound, thump
- usage: beat so fast that (the heart's) output starts dropping until (it) does not manage to pump out blood at all
- 5. thrash, swap
- usage: move data into and out of core rather than performing useful computation; "The system is thrashing again!"
- 6. thrash, thresh, beat
- usage: beat the seeds out of a grain
- 7. cream, bat, clobber, drub, thrash, lick, beat, beat out, crush, shell, trounce, vanquish
- usage: beat thoroughly and conclusively in a competition or fight; "We licked the other team on Sunday!"
All rights reserved.
See also: thrash (Dictionary)