- 1. thoroughbred, adult, grownup
- usage: a well-bred person
- 2. thoroughbred, racehorse, race horse, bangtail
- usage: a racehorse belonging to a breed that originated from a cross between Arabian stallions and English mares
- 3. thoroughbred, purebred, pureblood, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: a pedigreed animal of unmixed lineage; used especially of horses
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pedigree(prenominal), pedigreed, pureblood, pureblooded, thoroughbred, purebred (vs. crossbred)
- usage: having a list of ancestors as proof of being a purebred animal
All rights reserved.
See also: thoroughbred (Dictionary)