WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. thirsty, dry (vs. wet)
- usage: needing moisture; "thirsty fields under a rainless sky"
- 2. thirsty (vs. hungry)
- usage: feeling a need or desire to drink; "after playing hard the children were thirsty"
- 3. athirst(predicate), hungry(predicate), thirsty(predicate), desirous (vs. undesirous), wishful
- usage: (usually followed by `for') extremely desirous; "athirst for knowledge"; "hungry for recognition"; "thirsty for informaton"
- 4. thirsty, absorbent (vs. nonabsorbent), absorptive
- usage: able to take in large quantities of moisture; "thirsty towels"
All rights reserved.
See also: thirsty (Dictionary)