WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. thing, situation, state of affairs
- usage: a special situation; "this thing has got to end"; "it is a remarkable thing"
- 2. thing, action
- usage: an action; "how could you do such a thing?"
- 3. thing, abstraction, abstract
- usage: a special abstraction; "a thing of the spirit"; "things of the heart"
- 4. thing, artifact, artefact
- usage: an artifact; "how does this thing work?"
- 5. thing, happening, occurrence, occurrent, natural event
- usage: an event; "a funny thing happened on the way to the..."
- 6. matter, affair, thing, concern
- usage: a vaguely specified concern; "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
- 7. thing, statement
- usage: a statement regarded as an object; "to say the same thing in other terms"; "how can you say such a thing?"
- 8. thing, entity
- usage: an entity that is not named specifically; "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
- 9. thing, attribute
- usage: any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence; "the thing I like about her is ..."
- 10. thing, aim, object, objective, target
- usage: a special objective; "the thing is to stay in bounds"
- 11. thing, feeling
- usage: a persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion; "he has a thing about seafood"; "she has a thing about him"
- 12. thing, physical entity
- usage: a separate and self-contained entity
All rights reserved.
See also: thing (Dictionary)