- 1. thickening, thickener, material, stuff
- usage: any material used to thicken; "starch is used in cooking as a thickening"
- 2. node, knob, thickening, convex shape, convexity
- usage: any thickened enlargement
- 3. thickening, inspissation, condensing, condensation
- usage: the act of thickening
- 1. thicken, inspissate, change, alter, modify
- usage: make thick or thicker; "Thicken the sauce"; "inspissate the tar so that it becomes pitch"
- 2. thicken, inspissate, change state, turn
- usage: become thick or thicker; "The sauce thickened"; "The egg yolk will inspissate"
- 3. thicken, inspissate, change integrity
- usage: make viscous or dense; "thicken the sauce by adding flour"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deepening(prenominal), thickening(prenominal), intensifying (vs. moderating)
- usage: accumulating and becoming more intense; "the deepening gloom"; "felt a deepening love"; "the thickening dusk"
- 2. thickening, complex (vs. simple)
- usage: becoming more intricate or complex; "a thickening plot"
All rights reserved.
See also: thickening (Dictionary)