WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. theater, theatre, house, building, edifice
- usage: a building where theatrical performances or motion-picture shows can be presented; "the house was full"
- 2. dramaturgy, dramatic art, dramatics, theater, theatre, communication, communicating
- usage: the art of writing and producing plays
- 3. field, field of operations, theater, theater of operations, theatre, theatre of operations, region
- usage: a region in which active military operations are in progress; "the army was in the field awaiting action"; "he served in the Vietnam theater for three years"
All rights reserved.
See also: theater (Dictionary)