WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. district, territory, territorial dominion, dominion, region
- usage: a region marked off for administrative or other purposes
- 2. territory, area
- usage: an area of knowledge or interest; "his questions covered a lot of territory"
- 3. territory, soil, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: the geographical area under the jurisdiction of a sovereign state; "American troops were stationed on Japanese soil"
All rights reserved.
See also: territory (Dictionary)