WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. termination, expiration, expiry, end, ending
- usage: a coming to an end of a contract period; "the expiry of his driver's license"
- 2. end point, endpoint, termination, terminus, end, terminal
- usage: a place where something ends or is complete
- 3. result, resultant, final result, outcome, termination, ending, conclusion, finish
- usage: something that results; "he listened for the results on the radio"
- 4. ending, termination, morpheme
- usage: the end of a word (a suffix or inflectional ending or final morpheme); "I don't like words that have -ism as an ending"
- 5. termination, ending, conclusion, change of state
- usage: the act of ending something; "the termination of the agreement"
All rights reserved.
See also: termination (Dictionary)