Synonyms of term
- 1. term, word
- usage: a word or expression used for some particular thing; "he learned many medical terms"
- 2. term, time period, period of time, period
- usage: a limited period of time; "a prison term"; "he left school before the end of term"
- 3. condition, term, statement
- usage: (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement; "the contract set out the conditions of the lease"; "the terms of the treaty were generous"
- 4. term, quantity
- usage: any distinct quantity contained in a polynomial; "the general term of an algebraic equation of the n-th degree"
- 5. term, constituent, grammatical constituent
- usage: one of the substantive phrases in a logical proposition; "the major term of a syllogism must occur twice"
- 6. term, full term, point, point in time
- usage: the end of gestation or point at which birth is imminent; "a healthy baby born at full term"
- 7. terminus, terminal figure, term, statue
- usage: (architecture) a statue or a human bust or an animal carved out of the top of a square pillar; originally used as a boundary marker in ancient Rome
- 1. term, name, call
- usage: name formally or designate with a term
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of term (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.