WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. thinness, tenuity, slenderness, dimension
- usage: relatively small dimension through an object as opposed to its length or width; "the tenuity of a hair"; "the thinness of a rope"
- 2. rarity, tenuity, low density, density, denseness
- usage: a rarified quality; "the tenuity of the upper atmosphere"
- 3. feebleness, tenuity, weakness
- usage: the quality of lacking intensity or substance; "a shrill yet sweet tenuity of voice"- Nathaniel Hawthorne
All rights reserved.
See also: tenuity (Dictionary)