WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. temple, place of worship, house of prayer, house of God, house of worship
- usage: place of worship consisting of an edifice for the worship of a deity
- 2. temple, feature, lineament
- usage: the flat area on either side of the forehead; "the veins in his temple throbbed"
- 3. temple, building, edifice
- usage: an edifice devoted to special or exalted purposes
- 4. synagogue, temple, tabernacle, place of worship, house of prayer, house of God, house of worship
- usage: (Judaism) the place of worship for a Jewish congregation
All rights reserved.
See also: temple (Dictionary)