- 1. telescope, scope, magnifier
- usage: a magnifier of images of distant objects
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. telescope, squash, crush, squelch, mash, squeeze
- usage: crush together or collapse; "In the accident, the cars telescoped"; "my hiking sticks telescope and can be put into the backpack"
- 2. telescope, digest, condense, concentrate
- usage: make smaller or shorter; "the novel was telescoped into a short play"
All rights reserved.
See also: telescope (Dictionary)