Synonyms of tear
- 1. tear, teardrop, drop, drib, driblet
- usage: a drop of the clear salty saline solution secreted by the lacrimal glands; "his story brought tears to her eyes"
- 2. rip, rent, snag, split, tear, opening, gap
- usage: an opening made forcibly as by pulling apart; "there was a rip in his pants"; "she had snags in her stockings"
- 3. bust, tear, binge, bout, revel, revelry
- usage: an occasion for excessive eating or drinking; "they went on a bust that lasted three days"
- 4. tear, separation
- usage: the act of tearing; "he took the manuscript in both hands and gave it a mighty tear"
- 1. tear, rupture, snap, bust, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: separate or cause to separate abruptly; "The rope snapped"; "tear the paper"
- 2. tear, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: to separate or be separated by force; "planks were in danger of being torn from the crossbars"
- 3. tear, shoot, shoot down, charge, buck, rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- usage: move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- 4. pluck, pull, tear, deplume, deplumate, displume, strip
- usage: strip of feathers; "pull a chicken"; "pluck the capon"
- 5. tear, cry, weep
- usage: fill with tears or shed tears; "Her eyes were tearing"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of tear (Dictionary)