Synonyms of teaching
- 1. teaching, instruction, pedagogy, education
- usage: the profession of a teacher; "he prepared for teaching while still in college"; "pedagogy is recognized as an important profession"
- 2. teaching, precept, commandment, doctrine, philosophy, philosophical system, school of thought, ism
- usage: a doctrine that is taught; "the teachings of religion"; "he believed all the Christian precepts"
- 3. education, instruction, teaching, pedagogy, didactics, educational activity, activity
- usage: the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill; "he received no formal education"; "our instruction was carefully programmed"; "good classroom teaching is seldom rewarded"
- 1. teach, learn, instruct, inform
- usage: impart skills or knowledge to; "I taught them French"; "He instructed me in building a boat"
- 2. teach, habituate, accustom
- usage: accustom gradually to some action or attitude; "The child is taught to obey her parents"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of teaching (Dictionary)