- 1. target, mark, reference point, point of reference, reference
- usage: a reference point to shoot at; "his arrow hit the mark"
- 2. prey, quarry, target, fair game, victim
- usage: a person who is the aim of an attack (especially a victim of ridicule or exploitation) by some hostile person or influence; "he fell prey to muggers"; "everyone was fair game"; "the target of a manhunt"
- 3. target, target area, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: the location of the target that is to be hit
- 4. target, butt, sports equipment
- usage: sports equipment consisting of an object set up for a marksman or archer to aim at
- 5. aim, object, objective, target, goal, end
- usage: the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable); "the sole object of her trip was to see her children"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. target, aim, place, direct, point, aim, take, train, take aim, direct
- usage: intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent's face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
All rights reserved.
See also: target (Dictionary)