WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tare, allowance, adjustment
- usage: an adjustment made for the weight of the packaging in order to determine the net weight of the goods
- 2. tare, vetch
- usage: any of several weedy vetches grown for forage
- 3. darnel, tare, bearded darnel, cheat, Lolium temulentum, rye grass, ryegrass
- usage: weedy annual grass often occurs in grainfields and other cultivated land; seeds sometimes considered poisonous
- 4. tare, weight
- usage: the weight of a motor vehicle, railroad car, or aircraft without its fuel or cargo
- 5. tare, counterweight, counterbalance, counterpoise, balance, equalizer, equaliser
- usage: (chemical analysis) a counterweight used in chemical analysis; consists of an empty container that counterbalances the weight of the container holding chemicals
All rights reserved.
See also: tare (Dictionary)