WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tapster, tapper, publican, tavern keeper
- usage: a tavern keeper who taps kegs or casks
- 2. tapper, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who strikes a surface lightly and usually repeatedly; "finger tappers irritated her"
- 3. tapper, worker
- usage: a worker who uses a tap to cut screw threads
- 4. tapper, wiretapper, phone tapper, eavesdropper
- usage: someone who wiretaps a telephone or telegraph wire
- 5. tap dancer, tapper, dancer, professional dancer, terpsichorean
- usage: a dancer who sounds out rhythms by using metal taps on the toes and heels of the shoes
All rights reserved.
See also: tapper (Dictionary)