- 1. tape, strip, slip
- usage: a long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening; "he used a piece of tape for a belt"; "he wrapped a tape around the package"
- 2. tape, tape recording, taping, recording
- usage: a recording made on magnetic tape; "the several recordings were combined on a master tape"
- 3. tape, finishing line, finish line
- usage: the finishing line for a foot race; "he broke the tape in record time"
- 4. tape, tapeline, tape measure, measuring instrument, measuring system, measuring device
- usage: measuring instrument consisting of a narrow strip (cloth or metal) marked in inches or centimeters and used for measuring lengths; "the carpenter should have used his tape measure"
- 5. magnetic tape, mag tape, tape, memory device, storage device
- usage: memory device consisting of a long thin plastic strip coated with iron oxide; used to record audio or video signals or to store computer information; "he took along a dozen tapes to record the interview"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tape, attach
- usage: fasten or attach with tape; "tape the shipping label to the box"
- 2. videotape, tape, record, enter, put down
- usage: record on videotape
- 3. record, tape, record, enter, put down
- usage: register electronically; "They recorded her singing"
All rights reserved.
See also: tape (Dictionary)