- 1. tanning, bodily process, body process, bodily function, activity
- usage: process in which skin pigmentation darkens as a result of exposure to ultraviolet light
- 2. whipping, tanning, flogging, lashing, flagellation, beating, thrashing, licking, drubbing, lacing, trouncing, whacking
- usage: beating with a whip or strap or rope as a form of punishment
- 3. tanning, trade, craft
- usage: making leather from rawhide
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tan, convert
- usage: treat skins and hides with tannic acid so as to convert them into leather
- 2. tan, bronze, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: get a tan, from wind or sun
All rights reserved.
See also: tanning (Dictionary)