- 1. tank, army tank, armored combat vehicle, armoured combat vehicle, military vehicle, armored vehicle, armoured vehicle, tracked vehicle
- usage: an enclosed armored military vehicle; has a cannon and moves on caterpillar treads
- 2. tank, storage tank, vessel
- usage: a large (usually metallic) vessel for holding gases or liquids
- 3. tank, tankful, containerful
- usage: as much as a tank will hold
- 4. tank car, tank, freight car
- usage: a freight car that transports liquids or gases in bulk
- 5. cooler, tank, cell, jail cell, prison cell
- usage: a cell for violent prisoners
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tank, store
- usage: store in a tank by causing (something) to flow into it
- 2. tank, drink, booze, fuddle
- usage: consume excessive amounts of alcohol
- 3. tank, process, treat
- usage: treat in a tank; "tank animal refuse"
All rights reserved.
See also: tank (Dictionary)