Synonyms of tamed
- 1. tame, chasten, subdue, change, alter, modify
- usage: correct by punishment or discipline
- 2. tone down, moderate, tame, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less strong or intense; soften; "Tone down that aggressive letter"; "The author finally tamed some of his potentially offensive statements"
- 3. domesticate, cultivate, naturalize, naturalise, tame, adapt, accommodate
- usage: adapt (a wild plant or unclaimed land) to the environment; "domesticate oats"; "tame the soil"
- 4. domesticate, domesticize, domesticise, reclaim, tame, change, alter, modify
- usage: overcome the wildness of; make docile and tractable; "He tames lions for the circus"; "reclaim falcons"
- 5. domesticate, tame, adapt, accommodate
- usage: make fit for cultivation, domestic life, and service to humans; "The horse was domesticated a long time ago"; "The wolf was tamed and evolved into the house dog"
- 1. tame (vs. wild), tamed, broken, broken in, cultivated, docile, gentle, domestic, domesticated, tamed, tractable#1, manipulable
- usage: brought from wildness into a domesticated state; "tame animals"; "fields of tame blueberries"
- 2. tamed, tame (vs. wild), tamed
- usage: brought from wildness; "the once inhospitable landscape is now tamed"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.