WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. takeoff, departure, going, going away, leaving
- usage: a departure; especially of airplanes
- 2. takeoff, rise, rising, ascent, ascension
- usage: the initial ascent of an airplane as it becomes airborne
- 3. parody, lampoon, spoof, sendup, mockery, takeoff, burlesque, travesty, charade, pasquinade, put-on, caricature, imitation, impersonation
- usage: a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way
- 4. parody, mockery, takeoff, apery, mimicry
- usage: humorous or satirical mimicry
All rights reserved.
See also: takeoff (Dictionary)