WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. takeout, takeout food, takeaway, convenience food
- usage: prepared food that is intended to be eaten off of the premises; "in England they call takeout food `takeaway'"
- 2. takeaway, concession
- usage: a concession made by a labor union to a company that is trying to lower its expenditures
- 3. takeaway, maneuver, manoeuvre, play
- usage: the act of taking the ball or puck away from the team on the offense (as by the interception of a pass)
All rights reserved.
See also: takeaway (Dictionary)