Synonyms of take on
- 1. assume, acquire, adopt, take on, take, change
- usage: take on a certain form, attribute, or aspect; "His voice took on a sad tone"; "The story took a new turn"; "he adopted an air of superiority"; "She assumed strange manners"; "The gods assume human or animal form in these fables"
- 2. assume, adopt, take on, take over, take office
- usage: take on titles, offices, duties, responsibilities; "When will the new President assume office?"
- 3. undertake, tackle, take on, confront, face up, face
- usage: accept as a challenge; "I'll tackle this difficult task"
- 4. accept, admit, take, take on, accept, take, have
- usage: admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
- 5. meet, encounter, play, take on
- usage: contend against an opponent in a sport, game, or battle; "Princeton plays Yale this weekend"; "Charlie likes to play Mary"
All rights reserved.