WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. check, chit, tab, bill, account, invoice
- usage: the bill in a restaurant; "he asked the waiter for the check"
- 2. yellow journalism, tabloid, tab, journalism, news media
- usage: sensationalist journalism
- 3. tab key, tab, key
- usage: the key on a typewriter or a word processor that causes a tabulation
- 4. tab, strip, slip
- usage: a short strip of material attached to or projecting from something in order to facilitate opening or identifying or handling it; "pull the tab to open the can"; "files with a red tab will be stored separately"; "the collar has a tab with a button hole"; "the filing cards were organized by cards having indexed tabs"
- 5. pill, lozenge, tablet, tab, dose, dosage
- usage: a dose of medicine in the form of a small pellet
All rights reserved.
See also: tab (Dictionary)