WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. syllabic
- usage: of or relating to syllables; "syllabic accent"; "syllabic characters each represent a syllable"
- 2. syllabic
- usage: consisting of or using a syllabary; "eskimos of the eastern Arctic have a system of syllabic writing"
- 3. syllabic (vs. accentual) (vs. quantitative)
- usage: (of verse) having lines based on number of syllables rather than on rhythmical arrangement of stresses or quantities
- 4. syllabic (vs. nonsyllabic), disyllabic, monosyllabic, octosyllabic, pentasyllabic, polysyllabic, decasyllabic, syllabled
- usage: consisting of a syllable or syllables
- 5. syllabic (vs. nonsyllabic)
- usage: (of speech sounds) forming the nucleus of a syllable; "the syllabic 'nl' in 'riddle'"
All rights reserved.
See also: syllabic (Dictionary)